The plant was inaugurated in July 2013. NLMK Kaluga is part of Long products Division of NLMK Group, one of the biggest and the most efficient steel producers globally, a leading Russian steel and rolled products manufacturer with high added value.
The capacity of NLMK Kaluga allows producing 1.5 million tonnes of liquid steel and 0.9 million tonnes of rolled products per annum; the plant is equipped with facilities unique for Russia, which are capable of manufacturing the widest range of premium-grade long products for construction purposes.
- The production facility is located 73 kilometres away from Moscow, the biggest real estate market in Russia
- 90% of products are delivered to the central region of Russia
- Central federal district consumes about a third of long products in Russia
- Central federal district demonstrates scrap surplus, the main raw material for NLMK Kaluga
- The products are shipped by railway (Vorsino station) and automotive transport
NLMK-Kaluga creates safe working conditions through process improvements, professional trainings for its employees, and applying the best global standards in occupational health and safety. Total investments in the construction of the plant amounted to 38 billion roubles, with 7.5 billion roubles committed to introduce state-of-the-art environmental technologies. NLMK Kaluga strives to comply with the highest environmental standards.
NLMK-Kaluga has introduced state-of-the-art environmental protection technologies. The plant meets the highest international environmental standards in the steel industry. The best available technologies and solutions to reduce the possible negative impact on the environment are implemented at the plant.
of employees received vocational training in 2015
7.5 bn RUR
Invested in environmental projects
air emissions are captured by the plant treatment systems